Alcoholic Beverage Licences for Homeowners’ Associations

Originally posted on February 22, 2012 by Ryan

H. 3295 is a bill introduced in the House on January 12, 2011 and signed by Governor Haley into law on June 17, 2011. This bill authorizes homeowners associations to hold state licenses to sell alcoholic beverages. In order to meet the definition of a homeowners association under H. 3295, the association must be chartered as a nonprofit by the Secretary of State and “conduct[ ] a business bona fide engaged primarily and substantially in the preparation and serving of meals or furnishing of lodging.”  Prior to the enactment of H. 3295, the Department of Revenue ruled that homeowners associations were not entitled to alcoholic beverage licenses.

This site and any information contained herein is intended for informational purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice.  Seek a competent attorney for advice on any legal matter.

No Responses

Leave a Reply